Public Relations and Social Media Account Coordinator, Austin, TX
Pen & Tell Us, a boutique marketing communications agency, is seeking a creative, highly motivated candidate to join our team as a part-time Account Coordinator in Austin, TX. The person will provide public relations services and daily social media execution for food and beverage clients. This is a part-time contractor position, working at your own prefer location in Austin, and will report to the founder of Pen & Tell Us.
The PR and Social Media Account Coordinator will play a key role in directly supporting clients. Tasks will include but are not limited to: coordination of press announcements and media events, influencer/media relations, daily social media posting and engagement, content creation (photography, video, writing), social media contests, coverage and social media reporting. Additionally, maintaining key documents including databases, calendars, and trackers.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have strong writing skills, and the ability to craft and distribute communications materials including news releases, pitch emails, newsletters, and other deliverables.
- Develop relationships with external audiences (media, social media influencers, etc.) to convey the clients’ message, and handle routine media inquiries.
- Create and maintain media and influencer lists.
- Be adept at developing content – written, photos, and videos – for social media channels, including blog posts, Facebook posts, Tweets, Instagram posts, etc. that captures attention.
- Be able to frequently engage influential social media personalities to further our clients’ brand image.
- Be capable of supporting clients’ community management for social media channels (e.g., moderate wall posts, recommend response opportunities, etc.).
- Have experience in managing and responding to online reviews on Yelp, Google, Facebook and other reviews platforms
- Monitor and report media coverage and social media conversations related to the clients’ business.
- Coordinate events and promotions, as well as represent clients at events.
- Be a capable planner, skilled at managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Be meticulous in attention to detail, communications and schedules, often under tight deadlines.
- Be able to function autonomously and effectively as part of a contractor team working in various locations.
- Be a clear, candid, and succinct communicator.
- Have a solid grasp on wine, beer, spirits, nightlife, the bar scene, and hospitality
- Extra credit if you are clever, witty, and have sommelier credentials.
We are looking for a team player in Austin, TX who can deliver results and is prone to think creatively. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, must be a self-starter, detailed-oriented, resourceful, and able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines. Additional qualifications include:
- 1- 2 years of PR, social media or equivalent work experience, preferably in an agency.
- Solid understanding of the field of public relations and social media.
- Knowledge of client industries a plus: restaurants, bars, breweries, distilleries, wineries, and consumer packaged goods.
- Must be willing to work some nights and some weekends.
- Must have ability to travel to client sites on a frequent basis.
- Need to have own computer and camera.