Social Media Account Coordinator
Are you highly talented in social media, know a thing or two about sports, and know your way around a bar? Pen & Tell Us, a boutique marketing agency, is looking for a creative, detail-oriented candidate to join our team as an Account Coordinator. The role is responsible for daily social media execution for bar clients. This is a part-time contractor position, working at your own preferred location in Houston or Austin, TX.
The Social Media Account Coordinator will directly support a fast-paced bar client with multiple locations in Texas. Tasks include but are not limited to: content creation, daily social media posts for multiple locations, social media contests, influencer engagement and promotion, and social media reporting.
We are looking for someone with excellent written and oral communication skills, who is a self-starter, detailed-oriented, resourceful, and able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines. Successful candidates will:
- Have 1 - 2 years of social media or equivalent work experience with a solid understanding of the field of social media.
- Be able to travel to client sites in Texas on a regular basis to engage and create content in the moment.
- Have their own transportation, computer, and camera.
- Have strong writing skills to craft compelling posts that capture attention.
- Be adept at developing content – written, photos, and videos – for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Develop relationships with social media influencers to convey the client’s message and handle routine online inquiries.
- Support client’s community management for social media channels (e.g., moderate wall posts, recommend response opportunities, etc.).
- Be a capable planner, skilled at managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Be meticulous in attention to detail, communications and schedules.
- Function autonomously as part of a contractor team working in various locations.
- Have a solid grasp of nightlife, the bar scene, sports, and hospitality.
- Extra credit if you are clever, witty and can roll with some snark.
Houston or Austin, Texas
1 - 2 years of social media or equivalent work experience with a solid understanding of the field of social media